Sexual abuse

FILE - In this Nov.28, 2019 file photo, French Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, center, arrives at the Lyon courtroom, central France, for his appeal trial in Lyon. A French appeals court has acquitted Thursday, Jan.30, 2020 the French cardinal Philippe Barbarin of covering up the sexual abuse of minors in his flock. (AP Photo/Laurent Cipriani, File)
January 30, 2020 - 9:29 am
LYON, France (AP) — A French appeals court on Thursday acquitted a French cardinal of covering up the sexual abuse of minors in his flock, a decision culminating a drama that has produced angst for the Roman Catholic Church and reawakened a past of pain and shame for some victims seeking justice...
Read More
FILE - In this Nov.28, 2019 file photo, French Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, center, arrives at the Lyon courtroom, central France, for his appeal trial in Lyon. A French appeals court has acquitted Thursday, Jan.30, 2020 the French cardinal Philippe Barbarin of covering up the sexual abuse of minors in his flock. (AP Photo/Laurent Cipriani, File)
January 30, 2020 - 8:09 am
PARIS (AP) — A French appeals court on Thursday acquitted a French cardinal of covering up the sexual abuse of minors in his flock. The appeals court in the southeastern French city of Lyon gave no explanation on Thursday for its ruling. Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, archbishop of Lyon, had been...
Read More
January 30, 2020 - 7:49 am
PARIS (AP) — A French appeals court has acquitted a French cardinal of covering up the sexual abuse of minors in his flock. The appeals court in the southeastern French city of Lyon gave no explanation on Thursday for its ruling. Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, archbishop of Lyon, had been convicted in...
Read More
January 30, 2020 - 7:12 am
Lyon, France (AP) — A French appeals court is deciding whether a French cardinal is guilty of covering up the sexual abuse of minors in his flock. Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, the archbishop of Lyon, was found guilty in March of failing to report a predator priest to police and given a six-month...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein arrives at court for his trial on charges of rape and sexual assault, Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020 in New York.(AP Photo/Richard Drew)
January 29, 2020 - 2:07 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — One woman testified that Harvey Weinstein led her to a New York City hotel bed, put his hand up her skirt and fondled her genitals during a 2004 meeting about her fledgling acting career. Another woman, Tarale Wulff, testified that Weinstein grabbed her arm as she served cocktails...
Read More
January 29, 2020 - 8:06 am
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Nine priests and brothers of a Catholic group recently shut down by the Vatican are under investigation by Italian authorities for allegedly sexually abusing two brothers, officials and news reports said Wednesday. Prato Bishop Giovanni Nerbini confirmed that Prato criminal...
Read More
FILE - In this Jan. 19, 2020 file photo, Britain's Prince Andrew accompanies Queen Elizabeth II to attend a church service at St Mary the Virgin, in Hillington, England. A U.S. prosecutor overseeing the Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking investigation said Monday, Jan 27, 2020 that Britain's Prince Andrew has been uncooperative in the inquiry so far. Speaking at a news conference outside Epstein's New York mansion, U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, said prosecutors and the FBI had contacted Prince Andrew's lawyers and asked to interview him. (Joe Giddens/PA via AP)
January 28, 2020 - 11:42 am
LONDON (AP) — The pressure on Britain’s disgraced Prince Andrew increased Tuesday after the revelation by U.S. authorities that he has failed to cooperate with the FBI’s investigation into his ties with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Lawyer Lisa Bloom, who represents five of...
Read More
FILE - This March 28, 2017, file photo, provided by the New York State Sex Offender Registry, shows Jeffrey Epstein. A U.S. prosecutor overseeing the Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking investigation said Monday, Jan 27, 2020 that Britain's Prince Andrew has been uncooperative in the inquiry so far. Speaking at a news conference outside Epstein's New York mansion, U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, said prosecutors and the FBI had contacted Prince Andrew's lawyers and asked to interview him. (New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP, File)
January 24, 2020 - 8:38 pm
WASHINGTON (AP) — The warden in charge when Jeffrey Epstein ended his life in his jail cell is being moved to a leadership position at another federal correctional facility, putting him back in the field with inmates despite an ongoing investigation into the financier’s death, two people familiar...
Read More
FILE - This March 28, 2017, file photo, provided by the New York State Sex Offender Registry, shows Jeffrey Epstein. A U.S. prosecutor overseeing the Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking investigation said Monday, Jan 27, 2020 that Britain's Prince Andrew has been uncooperative in the inquiry so far. Speaking at a news conference outside Epstein's New York mansion, U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, said prosecutors and the FBI had contacted Prince Andrew's lawyers and asked to interview him. (New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP, File)
January 24, 2020 - 6:31 pm
WASHINGTON (AP) — The warden in charge when Jeffrey Epstein ended his life in his jail cell is being moved to a leadership position at another federal correctional facility, putting him back in the field with inmates despite an ongoing investigation into the financier’s death, two people familiar...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 23, 2016, file photo, a New Orleans Saints helmet rests on the playing field before an NFL football game in Kansas City, Mo. The Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area's Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson, File)
January 24, 2020 - 6:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area's Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis...
Read More

Pages