New Zealand mosque attacks

Philip Neville Arps, left, appears for sentencing in the Christchurch District Court, in Christchurch, New Zealand, Tuesday, June 18, 2019. The Christchurch businessman who shared a video of worshippers being slaughtered at a New Zealand mosque has been sentenced to 21 months in prison. (John Kirk-Anderson/Pool via AP)
June 17, 2019 - 11:23 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — A Christchurch businessman who shared a video of worshippers being slaughtered at a New Zealand mosque was sentenced on Tuesday to 21 months in prison. Philip Arps had earlier pleaded guilty to two counts of distributing the video, which was livestreamed on Facebook...
Read More
Philip Neville Arps, left, appears for sentencing in the Christchurch District Court, in Christchurch, New Zealand, Tuesday, June 18, 2019. The Christchurch businessman who shared a video of worshippers being slaughtered at a New Zealand mosque has been sentenced to 21 months in prison. (John Kirk-Anderson/Pool via AP)
June 17, 2019 - 10:22 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — A Christchurch businessman who shared a video of worshippers being slaughtered at a New Zealand mosque was sentenced on Tuesday to 21 months in prison. Philip Arps had earlier pleaded guilty to two counts of distributing the video, which was livestreamed on Facebook...
Read More
FILE - In this April 30, 2019 file photo, John T. Earnest appears for his arraignment hearing in San Diego. A federal search warrant says Ernest, the sole suspect in a Southern California synagogue shooting told an investigator that he adopted his hatred of Judaism 18 months before the fatal attack. Earnest also told a San Diego Sheriff's Office detective that that he was inspired by Adolf Hitler and suspected New Zealand mosque shooter Brenton Tarrant. (Nelvin C. Cepeda/The San Diego Union-Tribune via AP, Pool, File)
June 17, 2019 - 1:58 pm
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The sole gunman in a Southern California synagogue shooting in which a woman was killed told an investigator he adopted his hatred of Judaism 18 months before the fatal attack, according to a federal search warrant. John T. Earnest, 19, also told a San Diego Sheriff's detective...
Read More
FILE - In this April 30, 2019 file photo, John T. Earnest appears for his arraignment hearing in San Diego. A federal search warrant says Ernest, the sole suspect in a Southern California synagogue shooting told an investigator that he adopted his hatred of Judaism 18 months before the fatal attack. Earnest also told a San Diego Sheriff's Office detective that that he was inspired by Adolf Hitler and suspected New Zealand mosque shooter Brenton Tarrant. (Nelvin C. Cepeda/The San Diego Union-Tribune via AP, Pool, File)
June 17, 2019 - 12:45 pm
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The sole gunman in a Southern California synagogue shooting in which a woman was killed told an investigator he adopted his hatred of Judaism 18 months before the fatal attack, according to a federal search warrant. John T. Earnest, 19, also told a San Diego Sheriff's detective...
Read More
June 17, 2019 - 12:27 pm
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A search warrant says the sole suspect in a Southern California synagogue shooting told an investigator that he adopted his hatred of Judaism 18 months before the fatal attack. John T. Earnest also told a San Diego Sheriff's detective that that he was inspired by Adolf Hitler and...
Read More
In this courtroom drawing, Brenton Tarrant, the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques on March 15, 2019 appears via video link at the Christchurch District Court, from the maximum security prison in Auckland where he's being held, Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday, June 14, 2019. Tarrant pleaded not guilty to all the charges filed against him. (AP Photo/Stephanie McEwin)
June 14, 2019 - 3:16 am
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — The man accused of the New Zealand mosque attacks smirked as his lawyer entered not guilty pleas to terrorism, murder and attempted murder charges Friday before a judge who set his trial for next May. The courtroom was filled with 80 survivors and family members of...
Read More
In this courtroom drawing, Brenton Tarrant, the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques on March 15, 2019 appears via video link at the Christchurch District Court, from the maximum security prison in Auckland where he's being held, Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday, June 14, 2019. Tarrant pleaded not guilty to all the charges filed against him. (AP Photo/Stephanie McEwin)
June 13, 2019 - 11:25 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — The man accused of the New Zealand mosque attacks smirked as his lawyer entered not guilty pleas to terrorism, murder and attempted murder charges Friday before a judge who set his trial for next May. The courtroom was filled with 80 survivors and family members of...
Read More
In this courtroom drawing, Brenton Tarrant, the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques on March 15, 2019 appears via video link at the Christchurch District Court, from the maximum security prison in Auckland where he's being held, Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday, June 14, 2019. Tarrant pleaded not guilty to all the charges filed against him. (AP Photo/Stephanie McEwin)
June 13, 2019 - 10:34 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — The man accused of the New Zealand mosque attacks smirked as his lawyer entered not guilty pleas to terrorism, murder and attempted murder charges Friday before a judge who set his trial for next May. The courtroom was filled with 80 survivors and family members of...
Read More
In this courtroom drawing, Brenton Tarrant, the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques on March 15, 2019 appears via video link at the Christchurch District Court, from the maximum security prison in Auckland where he's being held, Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday, June 14, 2019. Tarrant pleaded not guilty to all the charges filed against him. (AP Photo/Stephanie McEwin)
June 13, 2019 - 9:58 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — The man accused of the New Zealand mosque attacks smirked as his lawyer entered not guilty pleas to terrorism, murder and attempted murder charges Friday before a judge who set his trial for next May. The courtroom was filled with 80 survivors and family members of...
Read More
FILE - In this March 16, 2019, file photo, Brenton Tarrant, the man charged in the Christchurch mosque shootings, appears in the Christchurch District Court, in Christchurch, New Zealand. The man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques on Friday, June 14, 2019, pleaded not guilty to all the charges filed against him. (AP Photo/Mark Mitchell, Pool, File)
June 13, 2019 - 8:22 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — The man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques on Friday pleaded not guilty to all the charges filed against him. Brenton Tarrant smirked as his lawyer, Shane Tait, entered the not guilty pleas, but otherwise showed little emotion during the...
Read More

Pages