Hotel-casino operators

FILE - In this June 30, 2002 file photo, members of the Culinary Union Local 226 picket outside the Plaza hotel-casino in Las Vegas hours before their contract was to expire. Fifty-thousand unionized Las Vegas casino workers whose contracts will expire at the end of the month are set to vote on whether to go on strike. The Culinary Union on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, said it will hold a strike vote May 22 at a university arena. (AP Photo/Lori Cain, File)
May 09, 2018 - 8:17 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The union representing 50,000 Las Vegas casino employees whose contracts will expire at the end of the month announced Wednesday the workers are set to vote on whether to strike, a move that could cripple the city. The Culinary Union will hold the strike vote May 22 at a university...
Read More
May 07, 2018 - 5:19 pm
BOSTON (AP) — State casino regulators agreed on Monday to remove Steve Wynn's name from the license his former company was issued to operate a $2.4 billion resort casino under construction near Boston. Wynn resigned as chairman and chief executive of Wynn Resorts in February after sexual misconduct...
Read More
FILE - In this Monday, Jan. 12, 2015 file photo, a man takes pictures of Caesars Palace hotel and casino, in Las Vegas. The union representing thousands of housekeepers in Las Vegas says Caesars Entertainment has rejected a proposal to include language in a new contract to protect workers if a "Do Not Disturb" sign has been hanging on a doorknob more than 24 hours. The Culinary Union on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, said under its proposal, security would open a room "for entry and service" if a guest refuses housekeeping for more than 24 hours. Caesars previously announced security would begin checking rooms every 24 hours, even if the sign is hanging on the doorknob. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
May 02, 2018 - 10:23 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The union representing thousands of housekeepers in Las Vegas on Wednesday said Caesars Entertainment has rejected a proposal to include language in a new contract that would protect workers if a "Do Not Disturb" sign has been hanging on a doorknob for more than 24 hours. The...
Read More
FILE - In this Monday, Jan. 12, 2015 file photo, a man takes pictures of Caesars Palace hotel and casino, in Las Vegas. The union representing thousands of housekeepers in Las Vegas says Caesars Entertainment has rejected a proposal to include language in a new contract to protect workers if a "Do Not Disturb" sign has been hanging on a doorknob more than 24 hours. The Culinary Union on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, said under its proposal, security would open a room "for entry and service" if a guest refuses housekeeping for more than 24 hours. Caesars previously announced security would begin checking rooms every 24 hours, even if the sign is hanging on the doorknob. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
May 02, 2018 - 8:13 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The union representing thousands of housekeepers in Las Vegas on Wednesday said Caesars Entertainment has rejected a proposal to include language in a new contract that would protect workers if a "Do Not Disturb" sign has been hanging on a doorknob for more than 24 hours. The...
Read More
This April 24, 2018 aerial photo shows construction progress on the MGM Casino complex in downtown Springfield, Mass., which is on track to open in August, a few weeks ahead of schedule. MGM Resorts International President Bill Hornbuckle said in a Wednesday interview with The Associated Press that August 24 is the new planned opening date for its $960 million downtown resort complex. The company had previously envisioned opening it sometime in September. (Patrick Johnson/The Republican via AP)
April 26, 2018 - 5:05 am
BOSTON (AP) — The fate of Wynn's glitzy Boston-area casino may still be up in the air, but rival MGM says it is on track to open Massachusetts' first Las Vegas-style casino resort sooner than expected. MGM Resorts International President Bill Hornbuckle said in Wednesday interview with The...
Read More
This April 24, 2018 aerial photo shows construction progress on the MGM Casino complex in downtown Springfield, Mass., which is on track to open in August, a few weeks ahead of schedule. MGM Resorts International President Bill Hornbuckle said in a Wednesday interview with The Associated Press that August 24 is the new planned opening date for its $960 million downtown resort complex. The company had previously envisioned opening it sometime in September. (Patrick Johnson/The Republican via AP)
April 26, 2018 - 5:04 am
BOSTON (AP) — MGM is planning to open its $960 million Massachusetts casino earlier than expected. MGM Resorts International President Bill Hornbuckle said in a Wednesday interview with The Associated Press that Aug. 24 is the new planned opening date for its resort casino complex in downtown...
Read More
April 25, 2018 - 6:39 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Caesars Entertainment Corp. casino company says it plans to build a beachfront non-casino hotel in the Mexican city of Puerto Los Cabos. Company president and chief executive Mark Frissora announced Wednesday that the $200 million Caesars Palace resort will be the company's...
Read More
April 18, 2018 - 11:25 am
NEW YORK (AP) — Atlantic City's Hard Rock casino resort will open on June 28. The former Trump Taj Mahal casino is being rebranded as a Hard Rock property. It is one of two shuttered casinos due to reopen this summer, along with the former Revel casino, renamed the Ocean Resort Casino. Hard Rock's...
Read More
FILE - In this March 16, 2010, file photo, financier Carl Icahn poses for photos upon arriving for the annual New York City Police Foundation Gala in New York. Icahn’s company has struck an approximately $1.85 billion deal that would fuse the gaming and hotel operations of Tropicana Entertainment to Eldorado Resorts Inc. (AP Photo/Henny Ray Abrams, File)
April 16, 2018 - 9:58 am
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — Carl Icahn's company struck an approximately $1.85 billion deal Monday that would fuse the gambling and hotel operations of Tropicana Entertainment to Eldorado Resorts Inc. The agreement includes the sale of Tropicana Entertainment Inc.'s real estate to Gaming and Leisure...
Read More
Wynn Resorts new CEO Matt Maddox reacts as he speaks during an interview at Wynn Las Vegas Monday, Feb. 19, 2018, in Las Vegas. Maddox says he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced in a news report last month. He was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)
February 20, 2018 - 1:56 am
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The new CEO of Las Vegas-based Wynn Resorts said he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against casino mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced last month. Matt Maddox, who was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned, added that people should "hold off making...
Read More

Pages