Child abuse

FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2017, file photo, Owen Labrie looks at his family during a break on the first day of a hearing in Concord, N.H., on whether he deserves a new trial. Labrie, a New Hampshire prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate, is set to be released from jail, Monday, June 24, 2019, for good behavior. (Geoff Forester/The Concord Monitor via AP, Pool, File)
June 24, 2019 - 4:03 pm
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate as part of a game of sexual conquest called "Senior Salute" was released from jail Monday. Owen Labrie, 23, reported to the Merrimack County jail just after Christmas, after a judge...
Read More
FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2017, file photo, Owen Labrie looks at his family during a break on the first day of a hearing in Concord, N.H., on whether he deserves a new trial. Labrie, a New Hampshire prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate, is set to be released from jail, Monday, June 24, 2019, for good behavior. (Geoff Forester/The Concord Monitor via AP, Pool, File)
June 24, 2019 - 2:37 pm
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate as part of game of sexual conquest called "Senior Salute" was released from jail Monday. Owen Labrie, 23, reported to the Merrimack County jail just after Christmas, after a judge...
Read More
FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2017, file photo, Owen Labrie looks at his family during a break on the first day of a hearing in Concord, N.H., on whether he deserves a new trial. Labrie, a New Hampshire prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate, is set to be released from jail, Monday, June 24, 2019, for good behavior. (Geoff Forester/The Concord Monitor via AP, Pool, File)
June 24, 2019 - 1:15 am
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire prep school graduate convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old classmate is set to be released from jail. Twenty-three-year-old Owen Labrie reported to Merrimack County's jail just after Christmas, after a judge refused to shorten his sentence. He had been...
Read More
FILE - In this June 25, 2010 file photo, Michael Jackson fans gather around a monument that was unveiled in Gary, Ind., on the first anniversary of the pop icon's death. As the 10th anniversary of Jackson’s death approaches, experts say his music legacy is still going strong despite the documentary’s detailed abuse allegations. (AP Photo/John Smierciak, File)
June 23, 2019 - 11:52 am
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The documentary "Leaving Neverland" presented a disturbing depiction of Michael Jackson as a child molester, but the initial wave of negative publicity hasn't greatly diminished the King of Pop's image or the enduring popularity of his music. Many believe Jackson's musical legacy...
Read More
Naason Joaquin Garcia appears in court in Los Angels on Monday, June 10, 2019. Prosecutors in a case against the leader of Mexico-based megachurch La Luz del Mundo and two followers charged with child rape and human trafficking said they have "significant concerns" the church's followers could harass or intimidate victims and potential witnesses. (Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via AP, Pool)
June 21, 2019 - 8:00 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge continued the extraordinary $50 million bail Friday for the leader of Mexico-based megachurch La Luz del Mundo but said prosecutors must offer more evidence of their child sex and human trafficking allegations at the next court hearing. Naasón Joaquín García, the church's...
Read More
Naason Joaquin Garcia appears in court in Los Angels on Monday, June 10, 2019. Prosecutors in a case against the leader of Mexico-based megachurch La Luz del Mundo and two followers charged with child rape and human trafficking said they have "significant concerns" the church's followers could harass or intimidate victims and potential witnesses. (Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via AP, Pool)
June 21, 2019 - 7:32 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge continued the extraordinary $50 million bail Friday for the leader of Mexico-based megachurch La Luz del Mundo but said prosecutors must offer more evidence of their child sex and human trafficking allegations at the next court hearing. Naasón Joaquín García, the church's...
Read More
Naason Joaquin Garcia appears in court in Los Angels on Monday, June 10, 2019. Prosecutors in a case against the leader of Mexico-based megachurch La Luz del Mundo and two followers charged with child rape and human trafficking said they have "significant concerns" the church's followers could harass or intimidate victims and potential witnesses. (Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via AP, Pool)
June 21, 2019 - 4:37 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge continued the extraordinary $50 million bail Friday for the leader of Mexico-based megachurch La Luz del Mundo but said prosecutors must offer more evidence of their child sex and human trafficking allegations at the next court hearing. Naasón Joaquín García, the church's...
Read More
June 21, 2019 - 11:01 am
LONDON (AP) — Police in northern England say they have arrested 44 people in connection with allegations of child sex abuse between 1995 and 2002. West Yorkshire Police said in a statement Friday that 36 men and 3 women were arrested across the towns of Kirklees, Bradford and Leeds over the last...
Read More
Erika Murray, charged in the deaths of two babies whose remains were found in her squalid home, is led into Superior Court, Thursday, June 20, 2019, in Worcester, Mass. (Rick Cinclair/Worcester Telegram & Gazette via AP)
June 20, 2019 - 11:53 am
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman who lived in a squalid, vermin-infested home where authorities found the remains of three babies was cleared Thursday of second-degree murder. A judge said prosecutors did not prove that Erika Murray caused the death of one of the babies whom she had...
Read More
Erika Murray, charged in the deaths of two babies whose remains were found in her squalid home, is led into Superior Court, Thursday, June 20, 2019, in Worcester, Mass. (Rick Cinclair/Worcester Telegram & Gazette via AP)
June 20, 2019 - 11:46 am
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman who lived in a home where authorities found the remains of three dead babies has been cleared of second-degree murder. A judge said Thursday that prosecutors did not prove that Erika Murray caused the death of one of the babies whom she had been charged...
Read More

Pages