WBEN Photo/Brendan Keany

Firefighter injured while battling blaze in Buffalo

Heat exhaustion causes firefighter to go to ECMC

July 11, 2019 - 1:34 pm
Categories: 

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WBEN) - A Buffalo firefighter was taken to ECMC after suffering from heat exhaustion while battling a fire on Frankfort Avenue.

Division Chief Daniel Bossi said the firefighter may require additional treatment overnight but noted he was conscious when an ambulance arrived at the scene of the fire. Five other firefighters were being checked out for similar conditions.

The fire itself broke out on the second floor, then spread to the attic. Three people were in the home at the time, and all got out safely.

No word yet on a cause or damage estimate. One person in the house suspected the fire may have been electrical in nature.

 

Comments ()
Tags: